Argo Tea Sweepstakes Official Rules
Argo Tea Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
1. Overview: From time to time, Argo Tea (“Sponsor”), may host a sweepstakes through its website, www.argotea.com, or social media networks. Each Sweepstakes will have a distinct start date, end date and prize(s). In each such Sweepstakes, the available prizes, the method of entry and the number of possible prize winners will be set out in the advertising or promotional materials soliciting entries for the Sweepstakes in question. If a Sweepstakes has a set of Official Rules (as opposed to these Official Rules) that apply specifically to that Sweepstakes, the terms of those specific Official Rules will govern that specific Sweepstakes. These Official Rules govern all other Sweepstakes offered in connection with the Website. Unless otherwise indicated in the Official Rules or Promotional Materials for the particular Sweepstakes, entry into one Sweepstakes does not constitute entry into any other promotion, contest or sweepstakes. By participating in any of the Sweepstakes that are offered, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, located at 16 W. Randolph St. Chicago, IL 60601, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
2. Eligibility: Only legal residents of the United States who are (i) eighteen (18) years of age or older (twenty one  years of age or older when beer/liquor promotions) at the time of entry are eligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize. Those persons who are involved with the development, production or distribution of the Sweepstakes, along with the officers, directors and employees of Sponsor, and the immediate family members of and those living in the same household (whether related or not) as any of the individuals in the preceding categories are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Snapchat. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited.
3. How To Enter: To enter the Sweepstakes you will need to interact with the online posting that has been set up for the applicable Sweepstakes, which may take the form of an entry page on the Website, a widget, a social networking page or some other posting that asks for certain information in order to complete the entry.
Limit one (1) entry per person, regardless of the method of entry. One (1) winner per household, per Sweepstakes. Patrons may only win or qualify to win once every thirty (30) days. Sponsor reserves the right to extend the thirty (30) day rule to the length of any specific Sweepstakes in its sole discretion. Entry must be made by the entrant, only as set forth herein. Entries made by any other individual or any entity, including but not limited to commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Sweepstakes. Tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to the use of any device to automate the entry process, is prohibited and any entries deemed by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, to have been submitted in this manner will be void. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible. The Promotion Entities shall not be responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in the Sweepstakes. The Promotion Entities assume no responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries.
For good and valuable consideration, the receipt and legal sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, each entrant into the Sweepstakes (and his or her parent or legal guardian, if the entrant is a minor) hereby irrevocably grants Sponsor, its successors and assigns, a non-exclusive license (but not the obligation) to reproduce, publicly perform, stream, exploit and otherwise use any materials included in the entry to Sweepstakes (e.g., photographs, drawings, essays etc.) throughout the universe, in perpetuity, for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to advertising, marketing, publicity, promotion and exploitation of the Sweepstakes and/or Sponsor, without further notice to, consent by, or payment to entrant. Without in any way limiting the foregoing, Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to edit, composite, morph, scan, duplicate, or alter such materials for any purpose which Sponsor deems necessary or desirable, and each entrant irrevocably waives any and all so-called moral rights they may have therein. Sponsor shall have the right to freely assign its rights hereunder, in whole or in part, to any person or entity.
4. Winner Selection and Notification: After the Entry Period, the prize winners will be randomly selected in a drawing from all eligible entries received throughout the Entry Period. The drawing will be conducted by Sponsor or its designee, using randomization methods selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion. A potential winner will be notified using contact information provided at the time of entry. Each entrant is responsible for keeping their contact information up to date and accurate. Sponsor shall have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by a potential winner for any reason. If, despite reasonable efforts, a potential winner does not respond to the first notification attempt, or if the prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such potential winner, such potential winner will forfeit his or her prize and an alternate winner may be selected. If any potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected. Sponsor may successively attempt to contact one (1) potential winner of an applicable prize in accordance with such procedure, and if there is still no confirmed winner of such applicable prize after such attempts have been made, if any, such prize may go unawarded.
The prizes offered in connection with each Sweepstakes and such prize’s approximate retail value will be described in the Promotional Posting.
Odds of winning a prize in the Sweepstakes depend on the number of eligible entries received during the applicable Entry Period.
6. General Prize Conditions: Costs of transportation and accommodations, where applicable, are the sole responsibility of the winners. Furthermore, Sponsor is not responsible for cancellations or delays in travel accommodations and has no obligation to reimburse, refund or otherwise substitute any prizes awarded as a part of a travel prize due to such cancellations or delays. Prizes will be awarded to each potential winner only if each potential winner fully complies with these Official Rules. All details and restrictions of the prizes not specified in these Official Rules will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. No substitution of prizes will be allowed, except Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute prizes of comparable value if any prize is unavailable, in whole or in part, for any reason. If any potential prize winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected. Each prize winner shall be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and the reporting consequences thereof, and for any other fees or costs associated with the applicable prize.
7. General Liability Release/Force Majeure: Acceptance of a prize constitutes winner’s (or any minor winner’s parent or legal guardian) permission for the Promotion Entities to use winner’s name, photograph, likeness, voice, biographical information, statements and address (city and state) for advertising and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, without further compensation. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants (and any minor entrant’s parent or legal guardian) agree that the Promotion Entities, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram: (A) shall not be responsible or liable for, and are hereby released from, any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including, without limitation, death and bodily injury, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, or from entrants’ acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any prize; and (B) have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any prize, including, without limitation, to such prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose. The Promotion Entities assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to entrants or any other person, or to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or telephone equipment relating to or resulting from entering, participating in or downloading materials or software in connection with this Sweepstakes or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, damaged, stolen, or postage-due submissions or prize notifications; or for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet service providers, websites, or other connections; or for miscommunications, failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions; or for any technical malfunctions, failures, difficulties or other errors of any kind or nature; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, the Facebook App, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person in connection with this Sweepstakes or any other contest, sweepstakes, promotion or event of any kind or nature sponsored or administered by Sponsor or its affiliate, subsidiary or parent companies, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. No mechanically reproduced, illegible, incomplete, forged, software-generated or other automated multiple entries will be accepted. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, extend, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Sweepstakes is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein. In the event an insufficient number of eligible entries are received and/or Sponsor is prevented from awarding prizes or continuing with the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, extend or terminate the Sweepstakes. If the Sweepstakes is terminated before the designated end date or time, Sponsor will (if possible) select the prize winner(s) from all eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in a written document issued in accordance with the law by a duly authorized representative of Sponsor. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.