Categories of Information We Collect & Use of Information:
It is important for you to understand what information we collect about you during your visit to our websites/systems and what we do with that information. We collect non-public personal information about you from the following sources:
E-commerce & Website Activity:
- We receive information from you when you request a product, service or information from us.
- You may browse our websites without providing any personal information; however if, for example, you decide to place an order, we will ask you for your name, delivery and billing address, phone number, email address, credit card number and its expiration date.
- If you choose to complete a user registration form, sign up for our newsletter/promotions, complete a customer survey or sweepstakes entry form, we may ask you for information such as your contact information (e.g., name, e-mail address and mailing address), age group or birth date.
- We may also collect, store or accumulate certain non-personally identifiable information concerning your visits to our websites, such as information regarding which of our pages are most popular, your IP address, browser, city, time zone, referring URL, and operating system. Information gathered may be used in aggregate form for internal business purposes, such as generating statistics, developing marketing plans, customizing content, and improving the functionality and product offerings on our website.
- The information we receive regarding your activity on our official social media websites, such as Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter, is limited to the reporting capabilities and features of those social media sites. This information is used in aggregate to assess the company’s overall social media adoption and engagement. For contests or sweepstakes promoted and communicated through these social media channels, we may ask you for additional information such as your contact information (e.g., name, e-mail address and mailing address), age group or birth date.
LoyalTea® Club Program:
- We receive information from you (e.g., name, e-mail address, address, birth date, etc.) when you register your card to join the Argo Tea LoyalTea® program or when you contact us to service your account. Information is stored in a secure system operated by our service provider Paytronix. For more information, visit: https://www.paytronix.com .
- As a LoyalTea® Club member, we collect information about your Argo Tea café or teaosk transactions while using your LoyalTea® card and the accounts you have with us. This information is used to generate business reports to assess the company’s café offerings, effectiveness of our promotions, and activity related to our LoyalTea® Club benefits. We may also use the information for consumer research studies, developing marketing plans, customizing communications and improving the customer experience at our cafés.
- Your information may be viewed or modified online by visiting: https://argotea.myguestaccount.com.
Marketing Communications & Process to Opt Out:
We may use the information that you provide to fulfill your request for a product, information, or other service, or respond to an email or other request, as well as to create and deliver to you our newsletters or surveys, communications containing product information, usage tips or promotions, help improve our website(s) or services, or customize visitors’ experience at our website(s). We may also use your personally identifiable information to send you information about products, services and special offers. Emails may be personalized using your name and geographic location.
If for any reason you would no longer like to receive email messages from us, you can click on the “UNSUBSCRIBE” link to remove yourself from any email communication we send. Please allow up to 10 days for us to process your request. Please note, if you opt out of receiving marketing emails from us, you may still receive “Transactional” email messages regarding your online order (i.e. order confirmation, shipping information, customer service notifications, etc.). Additionally, you may still receive “Account” email messages as part of our LoyalTea® Program, such as recharge from a credit card, or in response to actions you take on our website. We will continue to send those messages as long as you have an active account with our LoyalTea® program. If you have any questions or wish to deactivate your LoyalTea® account, please contact email@example.com.
How We Safeguard Your Information:
For online transactions, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), an advanced security protocol that protects your credit card information and ensures secure online ordering. SSL Internet connections are encrypted, and thus protect all credit card ordering information, including your name, address and credit card number, so it cannot be read in transit. We use secure technology, privacy protection controls, and restrictions on employee access, to safeguard your personal information. Please note, however, that although we employ industry-standard security measures to safeguard the security of your personal information, no transmissions made on or through the Internet are guaranteed to be secure.
Like many e-commerce websites, we employ several commonly used technologies on our website, such as cookies, clear gifs, networking traffic monitoring and active scripting. We use these to monitor the performance of the website, measure its effectiveness, tailor our products, services and advertising to suit the personal interests of you and others, estimate our audience size, assist our online merchants to track visits to and sales at our websites and to process your order, track your status in our promotions, contests and sweepstakes, and/or analyze your visiting patterns. If you disable cookies, you may be unable to order or use other features of our website. If you experience any problems, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notification of Changes: